History of St Aubyn's

St Aubyn’s, which was historically called Saint Aubin, has a long history in Burnham-on-Sea.

An original planning submission was filed in the mid-1890’s along with the development of Sea View Road. Permission for its building was granted around 1896 and since this time the house has had many residents.

In its early days local dignitaries resided here together with their domestic staff. Original call bells are still evident within the building.

St Aubyn’s history also has strong links with the local Hospital and Doctors Surgery as many of its previous occupants have been Doctors or medical staff who had surgeries and practices nearby.

More recently St Aubyns has been a Solicitors office, private family home and finally converted to a Guest House in 2003.

Much of the building remains untouched from its original Victorian design and many of these features give St Aubyn’s its character and charm today.